Monday, June 13, 2011

Dragon's Teeth

Dragon's Teeth by Chris McCormick
Dragon's Teeth, a photo by Chris McCormick on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
We had a lot of fun exploring the northern coast of West Maui. There are many spots along that part of the coast where you can find some amazing lava rock formations jutting out into the ocean, and walk down to get a front row seat to the ocean's fury (more of that to come :) ).

The unique formation on this particular point is known as "Dragon's Teeth".

I thought the HDR treatment here did a nice a job of accentuating all of the wild jagged edges, which is really what makes this spot so unique. The HDR process ruined the sky, so I replaced it with the original, and also blended back in some of the original ocean to soften the affect there.

I used the HDR tool in a trial of CS5 (instead of Photomatix), and I have to say, I really liked it. I may have to make the upgrade from CS4... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment