Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Maui Tide Pool

Maui Tide Pool by Chris McCormick
Maui Tide Pool, a photo by Chris McCormick on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
This was part of some tide pools out in front of The Gazebo, a popular breakfast spot out in West Maui.

There wasn't a whole lot of life in the pools, but I liked the crescent shape of these urchin, and they were in some nice soft light in the shade of a boulder. I didn't realize at the time how much color was hiding under the water!

There was glare on the water that made everything look kind of muddy (check out the unedited original). This would have been a perfect use of a polarizing filter to cut the reflected sunlight (I even own one!), but I either didn't bring it or didn't think to put it on :(. I managed to workaround the glare in processing by pushing the exposure and pulling up the blacks to add more contrast back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment