Friday, November 19, 2010

Let's shed a little more light...



1/2 sec. at f/8.0 and 200mm

This is the same spider from the last image, taken on the same night. I wasn't sure if my exercise in "ambiguity and delay" was going that well, so I decided to try a more traditional approach in case my experiment didn't pan out.

Both were taken at night, with the only light coming from a street light across the way. For this one, I actually grabbed a halogen work light from the garage and lit him up :)

The best part is that this guy is still out there, in the same spot, almost three weeks later! I've actually discovered the particular leaf that he hides behind during the day, and I've been checking on him periodically. It's supposed to rain a lot this weekend, though, so I'm curious to see if that does him in.

If he's still around, I may tear his web down and try and get a timelapse of him creating a new one. We'll see...

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful macro spider image. I like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just surfing and found your blog. It really impressed me and I have bookmarked it. Keep posting as I am gonna come everyday for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And let me know if you have any questions about stuff; I'm always happy to help other aspiring photographers with what I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect focusing snap which is really amazing and admirable. Thank you for these kind of knowledge sharing tips. Candid Wedding Photographers | Couple Photoshoot In Coimbatore | Destination Wedding Photographers In Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete